Prenatal chiropractic care is one of the focuses of our Cary, NC office, and Dr. Brianna Williams DC is an experienced and knowledgeable provider to help you through complaints that may be bothering you during your pregnancy. It’s common for soon to be moms to be curious about prenatal chiropractic care and in this post, she’ll cover some of your common questions regarding the topic of chiropractic care during pregnancy.
Can Pregnant Women Get a Chiropractic Adjustment?
Chiropractic care during pregnancy is safe. Besides being safe, chiropractic care during pregnancy is an effective treatment option to relieve a number of complaints related to pregnancy.
At no other time will your body go through such rapid physical changes than when you’re pregnant. A heavier and growing belly, increased lumbar curvature, pelvic position changes, and hormonal fluctuations force your spine, joints, and muscles to adapt. As your body adapts its common in pregnancy to develop complaints like:
Depending on what trimester you’re in and how comfortable you are with moving around, a prenatal chiropractor can modify chiropractic adjustments to fit your situation. Dr. Brianna at our Cary NC chiropractic office typically treats these complaints with a combination of chiropractic adjustments, lifestyle modifications, and a stretching and corrective exercise program.
Low Back Exercises During Pregnancy <– If you’re looking for some exercises for low back pain during pregnancy, see this article and learn some exercises to relieve your low back pain!
Can Any Chiropractor Adjust Pregnant Women?
Yes, based on their scope of practice any chiropractor can adjust pregnant women. However, there are a couple of things to keep in mind when choosing your chiropractic provider:
- All chiropractors have been trained in school on how to provide care from pregnant women. Despite this, not all chiropractors feel comfortable doing so because it’s not their area of focus. I’d suggest you find a chiropractor who focuses on treating a pregnant woman, they will have a specialized table that more comfortable for pregnant women.
- Look for prenatal chiropractors who are Webster Certified. This indicates that they are passionate about chiropractic care for pregnant women. Dr. Brianna is a Cary chiropractor who is Webster Certified, enjoys prenatal chiropractic care, and has experience chiropractic care during pregnancy.
What are the Benefits of Chiropractic Care During Pregnancy?
Some of the potential benefits of chiropractic care during pregnancy may include:
- Allowing you to maintain a more active pregnancy and to continue to exercise frequently.
- Providing you relief of pregnancy-related low back pain, sciatica, piriformis syndrome, and other complaints.
- Relieving and reducing headaches without the use of medication.
- Increasing your flexibility and mobility during your pregnancy and delivery for a more comfortable birth.
Dr. Brianna provides prenatal chiropractic care in Cary NC and works in conjunction with OBGYN doctors or nurse midwives to ensure you have the most comfortable pregnancy possible. Unfortunately, your options are limited for relieving low back pain during pregnancy and other complaints, which makes prenatal chiropractic care an excellent choice.
Are you trying to stay active during your pregnancy? Here are a couple of articles where I answer the questions Can I Do CrossFit During Pregnancy? and How to Modify Your CrossFit Workout While Pregnant.
Even if you’re not into CrossFit, these articles can help you understand how to stay active while pregnant (which is really important!)
If you’re looking for a prenatal chiropractor and you’re in the Cary, Apex, or Raleigh area feel free to call her, she offers free 10-minute phone consultations if you have questions on whether chiropractic care during pregnancy can help you and talk to you about what chiropractic treatment while pregnant is like.
Dr. Brianna Williams DC is a chiropractic physician practicing at AccessHealth Chiropractic in Cary, NC. She treats neuromusculoskeletal pain and injuries using chiropractic manipulation, Graston Technique, rehab exercise strategies, and other supportive therapies. Primary areas of focus include pregnancy related conditions, back pain, neck pain, muscular pain, extremity pain, and orthopedic injuries. Dr. Williams is experienced in treating pregnant women, especially those who're exercising and want to stay moving during their pregnancy.
If you're interested in whether she or another AccessHealth provider can help you, navigate to our contact page or follow this link to request an appointment.