CHIROPRACTIC FOR ATHLETES
Chiropractic for Sports and Athletic Injuries
AccessHealth chiropractic physicians are experienced in treating common sports and orthopedic injuries, and provide a comprehensive approach to treatment including the following services:
- Detailed exams for sports and athletic injuries.
- Joint manipulation and mobilization (chiropractic adjustments) for restricted and dysfunctional joints.
- Graston Technique soft tissue treatment for muscle, tendon, fascia, and ligament injuries.
- Movement-based rehabilitation to correct imbalances and poor movement patterns.
- Dry needling and acupuncture for relieving pain and restoring healthy soft tissue function.
- Therapeutic ultrasound and EMS for managing acute injuries.
- Athletic and kinesiotape taping strategies for faster injury recovery.
Our chiropractic providers are trusted by several local gyms as the official chiropractic providers for their athletes and members. If we determine your injury is severe enough that it requires an orthopedic consultation we’ll direct you to the correct provider.
Why See a Chiropractor for Sports Injuries?
- Improved sports performance: Mobility, flexibility, and movement deficiencies can interfere with an athlete’s body and cause their performance to suffer. Our chiropractors focus on identifying these issues and correcting them. It’s no surprise that the majority of NFL, MLB, and NHL teams have a team chiropractor.
- Reduced number of injuries: Chiropractors are experts on joint motion, alignment, and body mechanics. When you see a chiropractor you have the opportunity to catch poor movement patterns and imbalances early. This can help you avoid injuries that cause you to miss time playing your sport.
- More effective training: If you’re a competitive athlete, you’re looking to maximize training volume and intensity. Chiropractic care and treatments like dry needling allow some athletes to increase the volume and intensity of their training. That’s why roughly 75% of athletic trainers refer their athletes to a chiropractor.
- Reduced recovery time from injuries: Even when your injury is just a minor one, having therapy and instruction on rehabilitation will get you back to training and competing faster. Rehabbing your injury with a chiropractor may also reduce the chance that it it returns.
Don’t underestimate the effectiveness of chiropractic care for sports injuries. Sports chiropractic is the fastest growing segment within the chiropractic profession, and it is so for a reason. Professional athletes and sports teams have recognized it’s benefit for years, but today, chiropractors are becoming a more important part of the sports medicine team.