CHIROPRACTIC FOR ATHLETES
Chiropractic care for athletes, whether they’re professional, college, amateur athletes, or just active individuals is one of the focuses of our chiropractic clinic. No matter what level of athlete, chiropractic care is a great first choice for sports injuries, maintaining your body, and performing at a higher level.
Chiropractic for Sports and Athletic Injuries
AccessHealth chiropractic physicians are experienced in treating common sports and orthopedic injuries, and provide a comprehensive approach to treatment including the following services:
- Detailed and comprehensive exams for sports and athletic injuries.
- Joint manipulation and mobilization (chiropractic adjustments) for restricted and dysfunctional joints.
- Graston Technique ® instrument soft tissue mobilization for muscle, tendon, fascia, and ligament injuries.
- Stretches and corrective exercises to improve imbalances and poor movement patterns.
- Dry needling for restoring healthy soft tissue function.
- Sports Acupuncture for getting you back to your sport fast.
- Therapeutic ultrasound and electrotherapy for managing acute injuries.
- Athletic and kinesiotape taping strategies for faster injury recovery.
Our chiropractic providers are trusted by several local gyms as the official chiropractic providers for their athletes and members. If we determine your injury is severe enough that it requires an orthopedic, neurology, or emergency consultation we’ll direct you to the correct provider.
Why See a Chiropractor for Sports Injuries?
- Improved sports performance: Mobility, flexibility, and movement deficiencies can interfere with an athlete’s body and cause their performance to suffer. Our chiropractors focus on identifying these issues and correcting them. It’s no surprise that almost all NFL, MLB, NHL, and Olympic teams have a sports chiropractor.
- Reduced number of injuries: Chiropractors are experts on joint motion, alignment, and body mechanics. When you see a chiropractor you have the opportunity to catch poor movement patterns and imbalances early. This can help you avoid injuries that cause you to miss time playing your sport.
- More effective training: If you’re a competitive athlete, you’re looking to maximize training volume and intensity. Chiropractic care and treatments like dry needling allow some athletes to increase the volume and intensity of their training. That’s why roughly 75% of athletic trainers refer their athletes to a chiropractor.
- Reduced recovery time from injuries: Even when your injury is just a minor one, chiropractic care and rehabilitation will get you back to training and competing faster. Addressing your injury with a chiropractor may also reduce the chance that it returns.
Don’t underestimate the effectiveness of chiropractic care for sports injuries. Sports chiropractic is the fastest growing segment within the chiropractic profession, and it is so for a reason. Chiropractors provide a unique service and professional athletes and sports teams have recognized it’s the benefit for years. Today’s chiropractors are becoming a more important part of the sports medicine team than ever.
Sports Chiropractic in the Media
Sports chiropractic helped Max Scherzer return from severe neck spasms in order to pitch in Game 7 of the World Series. You can learn about his story, which made national television in this video!