Benefits of “Maintenance” or “Wellness” Chiropractic Care
Many patients have goals beyond getting out of pain. When they’ve recovered from their injury, they may choose to come in for periodic appointments. Here are the reasons that some of our patients choose to have “maintenance” or “wellness” chiropractic care:
- They want to improve flexibility, decrease stiffness, and more mobility.
- They understand the importance of periodic maintenance, especially when it comes to their joints, and want to keep themselves moving well.
- They want to do everything they can to prevent injuries, especially if they’re athletes and place a lot of demand on their bodies.
- They recognize that they feel, move, and function better when they are treated from time to time.
- They want to perform better at a sport or activity and like to spend time correcting imbalances that affect their physical frame.
- They have a more holistic view of their health and want to prevent surgery, drugs, or invasive medical procedures.
It’s not strange or unnecessary to get periodic care on your body. You get a medical exam and blood work at least once a year to be preventative, and you should. It’s much easier to address things early on than wait till they’ve developed. It’s also not strange to get chiropractic care because you just feel better when you do and it improves your quality of life.
Do I need “Maintenance” or “Wellness” Chiropractic Care?
We don’t put pressure on patients to see us after we’ve got their pain or injury under control. We make a recommendation based on how their active care went and let them decide. Patients sometimes come every week for wellness care, they’re almost exclusively high level performing athletes. Frequently we see patients every 4 to 6 weeks for chiropractic care, and others schedule even less frequently. It’s about finding what works for you, and if you want to call when you need us, we’re still here to help.